This is a time for hope but also a time for caution. The steps we are taking toward our new hospitality norms and cleanliness standards are extremely important to our reputation in the communities we serve. When the time comes for our restaurants in your local area to re-open, we look forward to seeing you, our loyal guests. We have already been welcoming guests at our location in Greenville, South Carolina and are encouraged by the community support we have received. Thank you for remaining by our side during this challenging time. Along with our employees, we couldn’t have gotten through this without you.
23 years ago, our founders, Mark Edelson, Kevin Finn and Kevin Davies, made high standards of cleanliness an important part of our brand’s DNA with the first opening of Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant in Newark, DE. Today is no different.
The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols to address current circumstances. Our team has been focused over the last several weeks on defining these protocols to create an environment where you feel comfortable, because the changes we are making protect everyone’s safety.
Our Regional Chefs have more than 100 years of experience, between the four of them, operating restaurants. They are leading our in-house “Sanitation Task Force” working with our restaurants enforcing CDC, local government and internal cleanliness standards to all of our management and employee teams.
Action First Cleanliness Changes
- We have dedicated team members on every shift protecting your safety. This will be the only thing they focus on during hours of operation.
- Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with CDC recommended materials and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In restrooms, we are making everything hands free. We have also added hand sanitizers throughout our locations.
- Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact:
- Signage is being placed throughout our restaurants to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols
- Tables are being spaced apart to allow for social distancing
- Employees are required to wear masks and gloves, washing hands every 30 minutes as a general practice
- We have added new delivery and curbside pickup options
- Mobile ordering is available from our website or mobile app
- We're introducing a new reservation platform to maintain proper seating percentages, allowing for distancing of tables and enough time for cleaning between each seating.
- Coming soon: we’ll soon be adding pay-at-the-table options for additional touch free service.
- Food Safety: At Iron Hill, food handlers and chefs are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits.
We are going to need your help! Our management team will be focused on protecting you...we are asking for your help to protect each other. Please make sure you are following the guidance given by local governments. This will help our restaurants stay open if we all work together.
We are Iron Hill!
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant